We are Fine Free!
The Wyomissing Public Library is Fine Free! Our library is no longer charging fines for traditional library materials.
What does this mean?
- If traditional library materials – books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks and magazines – are not returned by the due date, there will be no fine.
- Items will be marked “lost” if they are kept longer than 3 weeks past the due date, and patrons will be charged the replacement cost for each item.
- Items from the Library of Things, and admission passes for the Reading Public Museum and Berks History Center, will accrue fines if they are returned after the due date.
Do I still have to pay a fine that was on my account prior to my library going fine free?
- No. All overdue fines have been removed. However, If you have lost or damaged an item, you will be charged the replacement cost.
Will I be notified before my late item becomes "lost"?
- Yes, you will continue to receive notifications for all the items you have borrowed.
- You will receive a notice when your item(s) are about to be due, and, if not returned by the due date, you will receive two overdue notices. One week after the the second notice, the item(s) will be marked "lost."
Do I need to renew my items?
- Yes. If you haven't finished reading, watching or listening to an item by the due date, please renew your items online or call us at (610) 374-2385.
- If there aren't any holds on the items, you can renew them twice.
Questions? Ask the staff at the main desk or email our Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.